About our doctor
Dr. Kushwaha works in Grapevine, TX and specializes in Internal Medicine and Obesity Medicine. Dr. Kushwaha is affiliated with Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford and Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance.
Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas / Residency - Internal Medicine
Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas / Internship - Internal Medicine
UT Health Science Center, San Antonio / MD degree
University of Texas, Austin 1987-1991 / BA with Honors, Computer Science
Honors Thesis - "An Artificial Intelligence Based Expert System"
Texas License (active)
North Carolina License (inactive)
Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine, 1998, Recertification current through 2020.
Diplomate, American Board of Obesity Medicine, 2016
Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners, 1996
“Preceptor of the Year” 2001, 2002 for both academic years involved with the Duke University Medical School Family Medicine residency training program (SRAHEC) in Fayetteville, NC as the faculty attending physician for inpatient rotations. Also invited by the residents to be the commencement speaker for the 2002 graduating class.
Major Committee and Board Memberships
Methodist Southlake: Chief of Medicine, 2016-2019;
• Medical Executive Committee, 2016-2019;
• Chairman of Peer Review Committee, 2016-2018.
Premier Patient Healthcare ACO, 2014-Present. Founding Board Member. Hospitalist Service Line
• Director, 2014-2016. PPH is an independent physician ACO with over 200 physician members.
The Premier hospitalist program provides inpatient coverage for multiple major hospitals in the
Baylor Scott & White Regional Medical Center at Grapevine:
• Physician Quality Champion, 2005-2014 – Primary representative to the Baylor Healthcare
System (BHCS) for system-wide quality initiatives involving BHCS's Clinical Transformation
and Best Care Committee;
• Hospital Quality Committee, 2004-2014. Co-chairman, 2006-2010.
Primary hospital committee for reviewing key metrics involving quality data, core
measures compliance, JCAHO compliance, mortality review, and promotion of quality
• Physician Leadership Council, Baylor-Grapevine, 2009-2014.
• Mortality Review Committee, Baylor-Grapevine, Chairman, 2008-2014.
• BHCS Best Care Committee, 2006-2014. BHCS system-wide forum for evidence based
quality goal formation, strategy development, and critical metrics review.
• Medical Executive Committee, 2006-2010.
• HealthTexas Quality Committee, 2003-2006
Cape Fear Valley Medical Center:
• Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, 1999-2003
• Internal Medicine Grand Rounds, Medical Director, 2000-2003
• Family Medicine Graduate Medical Education Committee, SRAHEC/Duke Family Medicine
• Emergency Services Clinical Team, 2002
• Clinical Pathways Project, 2001-2003: Community Acquired Pneumonia Physician Team,
• Diabetes Mellitus Physician Team, Acute CVA Physician Team, COPD Pathway Team
Utilization Management Committee, CFVMC, 2002-2003
• Clinical Performance Improvement Committee, CFVMC, 2000-2001
• Medication Utilization Advisory Committee, Chairman. CFVMC, 1999-2001